1. Jesus Encountered a Demon Possessed Man
When they came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes.* 2 And when He had come out of the boat, immediately there met Him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 3 who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no one could bind him,* not even with chains, 4 because he had often been bound with shackles and chains. And the chains had been pulled apart by him, and the shackles broken in pieces; neither could anyone tame him. 5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying out and cutting himself with stones. ~Mark 5:1-5 (NKJV)
2. What The Demon Had Done To The Man
(1) The Demon was an evil spirit that can possess and influence the thinking of the man.
(2) The Demon caused the man to lived in the cemetery, a place for the dead, taking away his sanity.
(3) The Demon gave him unusual power to break the chains and the irons on his feet so that he can destroy himself slowly.
(4) The Demon cause him to be separated from his family and spent his life in the cemetery day and night.
(5) The Demon caused him to live abnormally, strangely crying out.
(6) The Demon made him destroy himself by cutting himself with stones.
(7) The Demon and his company, 6,000 of them had possessed the man.
3. The Cost of Saving the Demon Possessed Man
11 Now a large herd of swine was feeding there near the mountains. 12 So all the demons begged Him, saying, "Send us to the swine, that we may enter them." 13 And at once Jesus* gave them permission. Then the unclean spirits went out and entered the swine (there were about two thousand); and the herd ran violently down the steep place into the sea, and drowned in the sea.
~Mark 5:11-13 (NKJV)
4. The Responsibility Of Telling Others
18 And when He got into the boat, he who had been demon-possessed begged Him that he might be with Him. 19 However, Jesus did not permit him, but said to him, "Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you." 20 And he departed and began to proclaim in Decapolis all that Jesus had done for him; and all marveled. ~Mark 5:18-20 (NKJV)