The Bible has this to say about work in Ecclesiastics 3:22 (NLT): “So I saw that there is nothing better for people than to be happy in their work. That is why we are here! No one will bring us back from death to enjoy life after we die.” The following are some practical tips from http://www.ceeby.com/consulting/workattitude.cfm to help you improve on your work attitude.
How to behave at the client location?
Attitude makes a lot of difference. If you have a good attitude with required skills, you are the winner. The following tips may help you.
1. Be humble and polite to your co-workers and others.
2. Do not criticize anyone. That is not your job.
3. Always be professional and do not take any thing personal.
4. Be friendly with your opposite sex colleagues and do not get involved in any sexual litigations
5. Do not break the client dress code. It is not a good idea to go to the office in jeans and sneakers even if they have a casual dress code.
6. Light cologne is fine but do not use strong perfume.
7. Do not talk loudly when you talk over the phone or to your colleagues. Talk in a soft and clear voice.
8. If you have any dental problems, make a dental appointment with your dentist. If dental problems go unchecked, they lead to embarrassing situations involving bad breath. Have breath mints, chewing gum or peanuts in your desk. Check your breath before talking to your colleagues personally.
9. Wear fresh and neat clothes.
10. Always be punctual.
11. Complete your assigned task within the time frame. Do not postpone it.
12. Do not talk about politics and religion in the office premises.
13. If you are invited for a happy hour party or any party try to attend it at least for some time. That is the best place to know more about your colleagues.
14. Do not play music loudly.
15. Be as easy going. Do not get the "tough guy" label.
16. Attend meetings regularly.
17. Be enthusiastic.
18. Try to be helpful to your co-workers.
19. Be a good listener. Do not interrupt when someone else is talking.
20. Discuss but do not argue.
21. Do not lose your credibility