Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Leading Like Jesus - The Skills of Leadership

But among you it will be different. Those who are the greatest among you should take the lowest rank, and the leader should be like a servant.
~Luke 22:26 NLT


1. Leading By Example
I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.
~John 13:15 (NIV)
Don't lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example.
~1 Peter 5:3 (NLT)

2. Give People A Greater Vision
Jesus sent out the twelve apostles with these instructions: … “Go and announce to them that the Kingdom of Heaven is near.* 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received!
~Matt 10:5-8 (NLT)

3. Encourage Others
“I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
~John 14:12-13
Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.
~Prov 12:25 (NLT)

4. Give Honest Feedback
"It was because you do not have enough faith," answered Jesus. "I assure you that if you have faith as big as a mustard seed, you can say to this hill, 'Go from here to there!' and it will go. You could do anything!"
~Matt 17:20 (TEV)

“Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.”
~Eph 4:29 (NLT)

5. Treat Others As Equals
I do not call you servants any longer, because a servant does not know what his master is doing. Instead, I call you friends, because I have told you everything I heard from my Father.
~John 15:15-16 (TEV)

6. Pray For Them
But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."
~Luke 22:32 (NIV)
"I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message.
~John 17:20 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment