Sunday, March 20, 2011

Building Friendship & Winning Friends

Rev. James Wong

“Do not forsake your friend and the friend of your father,” ~Prov 27:10 (NIV)


How To Build Friendship & Win Friends

1. Show your Love
12 “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.” ~John 15:12-15 (NIV)


2. Open yourself to others
“I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” ~John 15:15 (NIV)


3. Take the initiative
“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit — fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.”
~John 15:16 (NIV)

4. Learn to disregard people’s faults
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners." ' ~Luke 7:34 (NIV)

“Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.”
~Prov 17:9 (NLT)


5. Be helpful
“Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!” ~Eccl 4:9-10 (NIV)

“Many seek favors from a ruler; everyone is the friend of a person who gives gifts!”
~Prov 19:6 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment