Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Five Benefits of Joining a Life Group


Rev. James Wong


1. To Find Power For Living
Worship time in the life group helps me to focus on God. The lyrics of the songs sung are mostly encouraging and promote faith over fear.

The LORD is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust in him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.”                         ~Psalms 28:7 (NLT)

2. To Develop Proper Life Values
The discussion in the life group helps to shape my thinking and attitude so that my life is built on the foundation of God’s word.

“And so we shall all come together to that oneness in our faith and in our knowledge of the Son of God; we shall become mature people, reaching to the very height of Christ's full stature.” ~Ephesians 4:13 (TEV)

3. To Discover My Talents By Serving Others
The cell group gives me opportunity to serve others like Jesus did and in the process I discover the talents that God has given me.

“God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.” ~1 Peter 4:10 (NLT)

4. To Build Valuable Relationship
Good and meaningful friendship can develop in a life group setting. It is God’s purpose that I do not go through life alone but be part of God’s family.

“So then, you Gentiles are not foreigners or strangers any longer; you are now fellow citizens with God's people and members of the family of God.”
~Ephesians 2:19 (TEV)

5. To Be A Messenger of the Good News
A life group provides a non-threatening environment for me to invite friends to participate. Friends normally will not reject an environment of love.

“But my life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus — the work of telling others the Good News about God's wonderful kindness and love.” ~Acts 20:24 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment