Monday, February 1, 2010

Commitment To A Habit

Making A difference in 2010 (2)


The Development of Spiritual Habits

1. The Habits of Time with God's Words
A disciple follows Christ’s Word
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." ~John 8:31-32

2. The Habit of Prayer
A disciple prays and bear fruits
“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” ~John 15:7-8

3. The Habit of Tithing
A disciple is not possessed by his possession
“In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.” ~Luke 14:33

“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.” ~Mal 3:10

4. The Habit of Fellowahip
A disciple expresses love for other believers
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." ~John 13:34-35

No comments:

Post a Comment