Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Having The Right Perspective For 2011

Numbers 13 & 14

Rev. James Wong

1. Your perspective determines the outcome of your life

The report of the 10 spies: Looking from the perspective of fear

They gave Moses this account: "... the people who live there are powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large. … "We can't attack those people; they are stronger than we are." … All the people we saw there are of great size. … We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them." ~Num 13:27-28, 31-33 (NIV)

The report of Joshua and Caleb: Looking from the perspective of faith

Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, "We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it." ~Num 13:30 (NIV)

2. Count God's blessings on your life.

This was their report to Moses: "We entered the land you sent us to explore, and it is indeed a bountiful countrya land flowing with milk and honey. Here is the kind of fruit it produces.” ~Num 13:27-28 (NIV)

1 Let all that I am praise the Lord ; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. 2 Let all that I am praise the Lord ; may I never forget the good things he does for me.

~Ps 103:1-2 (NLT)

3. Be thankful to God for all you have

“Then the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, "How long must I put up with this wicked community and its complaints about me? Yes, I have heard the complaints the Israelites are making against me.” ~Num 14:26-28 (NLT)

3 I will always thank the Lord ; I will never stop praising him. 2 I will praise him for what he has done; may all who are oppressed listen and be glad! 3 Proclaim with me the Lord 's greatness; let us praise his name together! ~Ps 34:1-3 (TEV)

4. Seeing your future with the eyes of faith

“... Joshua son of Nun and Caleb son of Jephunneh, … said to all the people of Israel, "The land we traveled through and explored is a wonderful land! 8 And if the Lord is pleased with us, he will bring us safely into that land and give it to us. It is a rich land flowing with milk and honey. ... They have no protection, but the Lord is with us! Don't be afraid of them!" ~Num 14:6-9(NLT)

… Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.” ~Phil 4:8-9 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment