1 Corinthians 15:1-11
Rev. James Wong
5 The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. ~Matthew 28:5-6 (NIV)
1. The Transformation of the Cross and the Tomb
· Before the resurrection, the cross was a terrible form of execution of the Romans. After the resurrection the cross today is a symbol of hope and God’s love for us.
· Before the resurrection, the grave was the final chapter of life, the end of everything. After the resurrection, death is where life really begins.
2. The Transformation of Time
Seventy years is all we have — eighty years, if we are strong; yet all they bring us is trouble and sorrow; life is soon over, and we are gone. ~Ps 90:10 (TEV)
"I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.” ~John 5:24 (NLT)
3. The Transformation of Life
“The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.” ~John 10:10 (NLT)
4. The transformation of Death
54 “So when this takes place, and the mortal has been changed into the immortal, then the scripture will come true: "Death is destroyed; victory is complete!" 55 "Where, Death, is your victory? Where, Death, is your power to hurt?" 56 Death gets its power to hurt from sin, and sin gets its power from the Law. 57 But thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!” ~1 Cor 15:54-57 (TEV)
Post a Comment