Monday, February 14, 2011

God's Plan For Your Financial Blessings

Living the Abundant Life (Part 1)

Rev. James Wong

1. I must trust God as my SOURCE and SUPPLY.

My work is just a channel of income.

But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today. ~Deut 8:18 (NIV)

Commit your work to the Lord, then it will succeed. ~Prov 16:3 (TLB)

2. I must do my work as an act of WORSHIP.

Doing it for Jesus will raise my standard of service beyond duty.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, ~Col 3:23-24 (NIV)

The trustworthy person will get a rich reward, but a person who wants quick riches will get into trouble. ~Prov 28:20 (NLT)

3. I must Keep a good RECORD.

If I want to be financially free I must keep track of my finances.

23 Know the state of your flocks, and put your heart into caring for your herds,

24 for riches don't last forever, and the crown might not be passed to the next generation. ~Prov 27:23-24

4. Give the first 10% to God.

Tithing means the first 10% of my income I give back to God.

9 Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;

10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. ~Prov 3:9-10 (NIV)

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. ~Mal 3:10 (NIV)

5. I must SAVE and INVEST for the future.

Every time I save and invest, I get my money to work for me.

The wise man saves for the future, but the foolish man spends whatever he gets. ~Prov 21:20 (TLB)

Dishonest money dwindles away, but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow. ~Prov 13:11 (NIV)

Develop your business first before building your house. ~Prov 24:27 (TLB)

6. Live within my MEANS.

Practice the 10% 10% 80% rule. Set up a repayment plan.

Don't withhold repayment of your debts. Don't say "some other time," if you can pay now. ~Prov 3:27 (TLB)

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. ~Rom 13:8 (NIV)

7. I must BUDGET my spending.

A budget is telling your money where you want it to go.

Plan carefully and you will have plenty; if you act too quickly, you will never have enough. ~Prov 21:5 (TEV)

Wise people live in wealth and luxury, but stupid people spend their money as fast as they get it. ~Prov 21:20 (TEV)

8. I must ENJOY what I have

Don’t be addicted to upgrades, otherwise I will never enjoy what I have.

It is better to be satisfied with what you have than to be always wanting something else. ~Eccl 6:9 (TEV)

Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. 19 By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life. ~1 Tim 6:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment