Wednesday, March 3, 2010

God's Blessing

Psalm 37: 1-7, 23-29, 39
Rev. Ngui Au Sze

Introduction - the traditions of the Chinese New Year

- Pr 10:22“The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it.”

- What sort of wealt is this?

1. God’s blessing of material wealth.
I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be blessed. ~Ps 37: 25-26

And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.' "Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." ' "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?' ~ Luke 12: 16-20

2. God’s blessing of social wealth.
I have seen another evil under the sun, and it weighs heavily on men: God gives a man wealth, possessions and honor, so that he lacks nothing his heart desires, but God does not enable him to enjoy them, and a stranger enjoys them instead. This is meaningless, a grievous evil. A man may have a hundred children and live many years; yet no matter how long he lives, if he cannot enjoy his prosperity and does not receive proper burial, I say that a stillborn child is better off than he. ~ Ecc. 6:1-3
3. God’s blessing of spiritual wealth.
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. ~ John 10:10b

One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. People curse the man who hoards grain, but blessing crowns him who is willing to sell. He who seeks good finds goodwill, but evil comes to him who searches for it. Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf. ~ Pr. 11:24-28
Conclusion

No comments:

Post a Comment