Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Two Requests For The New Year

Proverbs 30:7-9

1. No Falsehood and Lies
7 "Two things I ask of you, O LORD ; do not refuse me before I die: 8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me; ~Proverbs 30:7-8a (NIV)

For the Scriptures say, "If you want a happy life and good days, keep your tongue from speaking evil, and keep your lips from telling lies. Turn away from evil and do good. Work hard at living in peace with others.” ~1 Pet 3:10-11 (NLT)

Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. ~Eph 4:29 (NLT)

2. Neither Poverty Nor Riches
“… but give me only my daily bread. 9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD ?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.” ~Proverbs 30:8b-9

“A poor man is shunned by all his relatives-- how much more do his friends avoid him! Though he pursues them with pleading, they are nowhere to be found.” ~Proverbs 19:7 (NIV)

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.“ ~Mark 10:25 (NIV)

Jesus said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."
~Luke 12:15 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment